Tending the Garden of Innovation
- With Jane Martel
- Originally aired 05/22/2014
- View the Archive
- Does everyone have the potential to be innovative?
- What does it take to cultivate your own creativity?
- What tools could you use to stimulate the growth of new ideas from the group you’re working with?
- What are three key tools to ensure that your project is grounded in fertile soil?
Learn this and more in this one-hour session!
Opportunity Chart (PDF)
Random Stimulus (PDF)
- The art of innovation : lessons in creativity from IDEO, America’s leading design firm / Tom Kelley, with Jonathan Littman.
- Designing for growth : a design thinking tool kit for managers / Jeanne Liedtka and Tim Ogilvie.
- Innovative intelligence : the art and practice of leading sustainable innovation in your organization / David S. Weiss and Claude Legrand.
- The innovator’s toolkit: 50+ techniques for predictable and sustainable organic growth/ David Silverstein and Philip Samuel.
- Solving Problems with Design Thinking: 10 Stories of What Works/ Jeanne Liedtka, Andrew King, and Kevin Bennett.
- Back of the Napkin/ Dan Roam
Open Innovation Marketplaces
Resources shared by attendees:
About Jane Martel
As the customer experience coordinator for the Arapahoe Library District, Jane develops patron satisfaction surveys and metrics, designs service-related training for employees, and manages the patron feedback system. Jane holds a Master of Public Administration and Bachelor of Science in Education and has 30 years of professional experience in business, government, and non-profit organizations. She puts her focus on process improvement, customer service, and innovation to work to ensure that the patrons’ experience is nothing short of…wow!