Lead From Where You Are
- With Sharon Morris
- Originally aired 02/19/2014
- View the Archive
- Do you feel you have leadership potential but wonder how to leverage it?
- Are you a leader and looking for ways to improve?
- Or do you simply wonder what the heck people mean when they talk about leadership?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, this CSL in Session is for you!
Building upon leadership research, Sharon Morris will introduce a handy tool for identifying your unique leadership strengths. During this interactive session you will have the opportunity to reflect on leadership activities, share your thoughts, learn from others, and feel more empowered to use your natural abilities to lead – regardless of your position in a library.
Chat Transcripts (PDF’s)
- Leadership Traits we Admire.
- How Can We Grow Others?
- How Can We Be More Aspirational?
- How can we become better listeners?
- What Can We Do to Better Self Regulate?
About Sharon Morris
Sharon Morris, Director of Library Development at the Colorado State Library, is in the Simmons College Managerial Leadership in Libraries PhD program. This session, based on her doctoral studies and other readings on leadership, includes a tool and activities created for the Colorado ILEAD USA program and used in keynote presentations with school librarians.