- With Gigi Pagliarulo and Katie MacKendrick
- When 10/27/2020 at 12:00p - 1:00p, Mountain Time
- Have you ever wondered how the heck Beginning Readers are leveled?
- Have you ever found a Beginning Reader in your collection that just didn’t seem to match the level to which it was assigned?
The Denver Public Library has been working for the last 18 months to develop a plan to address these issues, and we want to share our work with you! At this informative, fun, hands-on workshop, you’ll become familiar with the criteria and rubric that we developed to level Beginning Readers, and you’ll walk away with copies of these tools for use in evaluating your own collections.
- Session Slides (PDF)
- DPL Rubric (Make own copy of Google sheets)
- DPL Rubric (excel file)
- DPL Beginning Reader Collection Criteria and Rubric Best Practices
- Session Transcript