Improving Communication and Relationships at Work with DiSC
- With Jane Martel
- Originally aired 02/15/2017
- View the Archive
- Ever left a meeting frustrated with the conversation and the outcome?
- Just not connecting with someone at work?
- Feel like you have interactions that somehow miss the mark?
What if you had a tool to help you better understand and communicate with your work colleagues in a way that they could “hear” you? DiSC is that tool! Join us for this fun and interactive session where you’ll identify your primary behavioral style and guess at others. Then, learn how to talk with others so they’ll listen.
Curious to learn more?
There are numerous online DiSC “tests” available free of charge. Some may require your contact information, may not offer a full report, or be based on the full set of questions. Still, they could be a place to start if you are do not want to pay for a full test and report. A few are listed here in alphabetical order:
Session Slides (PDF)
More DiSC Resources
- Online DiSC Profile
- DiSC Research & Articles
- Everything DiSC Research Report (PDF)
- DiSC Communication Do’s and Don’ts
- How to Use DISC Assessments to Appropriately Customize Workplace Communication
- Take Flight Learning Downloadable DISC Resources
- Bringing Out the Best in D Style Contributors
- S Style Contributors to Build Healthy Workplaces
- i Style Contributors Bring Balance and Energy to the Workplace
- C Style Contributors Offer Precision and Practical Solutions to Their Teams
About Jane Martel
As the customer experience coordinator for the Arapahoe Library District, Jane develops patron satisfaction surveys and metrics, designs service-related training for employees, and manages the patron feedback system. Jane holds a Master of Public Administration and Bachelor of Science in Education and has 30 years of professional experience in business, government, and non-profit organizations. She puts her focus on process improvement, customer service, and innovation to work to ensure that the patrons’ experience is nothing short of…wow!