- With Thomas F. R. Clareson
- When 12/04/2013 at 2:00p - 3:00p, Mountain Time
No registration is required. The session will be held online via Adobe Connect at http://connect.enetcolorado.org/cospl/
This workshop is presented in cooperation with the Colorado State Library and funded by an IMLS Colorado Connecting to Collections grant. Two, one-hour online sessions will be held over two days. The workshop is designed to focus instruction on strategies to manage climate control and the initiation of disaster plan development.
By the end of this class, students will be able to:
• Understand effective building maintenance, housekeeping, and security strategies and how they prevent disasters from occurring
• Employ low-cost to no-cost environmental controls for preservation
• Identify elements of an effective disaster plan and how to get training necessary to create a disaster plan
Librarians and staff responsible for preservation and collections care in all types of libraries, and archives.