Next on CSL In Session
Summer Reading Refreshed!
- With Beth Crist and Lisa Gonzalez
- When 12/15/2014 | 12:00p - 1:00p, Mountain Time
- Access the Classroom
- Is your summer reading program in need of a boost to re-engage your young patrons (and possibly you and your coworkers)?
- Are you looking for innovative ways to reach youth that don’t use your library?
- Have a great spin on summer reading that you want to share with colleagues?
Please join us for this interactive session to exchange ideas to hack the summer reading box. Come prepared to engage in a lively discussion, ask your burning questions, and share your experiences. Resources
- Summer Reading Refreshed Bibliography (PDF)
- Session slides (PDF)
- Why refresh your summer reading program? (PDF)
- What new things are you doing with your summer reading program? (PDF)
- How do you evaluate your summer reading program? (PDF)
About Beth Crist and Lisa Gonzalez
Beth’s background is rich in youth services and state library experience. She began working in libraries in 1999, has museum experience, and has worked as a state library consultant in North Carolina, New Mexico, and now Colorado. In her position, Beth supports children, teens and families by coordinating statewide initiates for early literacy, summer reading and other program. Lisa Gonzalez has been the Program Coordinator for the Juntos Leemos/Read Together Project (formerly known as the Siblings Project) at the Santa Barbara Public Library for the past two years. Before that, she spent time working with at-risk youth and families at the Domestic Violence Solutions Residential Program and at a rural K-8 school. She has also taught English to 3rd and 4th graders at a bilingual elementary school in Antigua, Guatemala.